Commercial Property Claims

For information on making a commercial property claim, such as what we will require and contact details, select one of the options below.

Making a claim

Start your claim online:

By phone:

0344 412 9988

By post:

Allianz Claims
PO Box 10509
51 Saffron Road
LE18 9FP

To claim on a Premierline insurance policy, or to follow up on an existing claim, please call:

0344 871 0940

visit the Premierline website

What we need

Whenever you make a claim, we will need the following basic information to get things moving:

  • Full name, address and contact details of the policyholder*
  • Policy reference number
  • Date and location of loss
  • Payee details and VAT status*.

Select the options below to find out what else we will need, depending on the type of claim you are making.

*If the person reporting the claim or requesting payment is not the named policyholder (or appointed representative) we will require a written mandate confirming the policyholder’s consent to proceed.

Policy cover confirmation

Once cover has been confirmed we will either:

  • Instruct one of our network of suppliers, subject to your agreement
  • Instruct a loss adjuster to oversee large or complex claims
  • Request the necessary documents, such as repair estimates.

We may request photos of the damage, and so you should take these as soon as possible. It would be advisable to take close-ups of damage and the point of entry (as applicable).

We endeavour to confirm cover and collect all required information during the first call but, for some larger or more complex products or loss types, it may be necessary to revert to our underwriters. In such cases, we will look to carry out the necessary checks within 48 hours.

Supplier/repairer - green wrench

Instructing a supplier

We have a number of suppliers who can provide the following services:

  • Smoke damage assistance – Munters
  • Boarding up and window repair – Glassolutions
  • Drying out – Polygon and MA Assist
  • Drainage investigation and repair – Auger
  • Carpet and flooring replacement – Imperial Consultants
  • Replacement of electrical goods – SBS Insurance Services
  • Building repair services – MA Assist.

In most cases, our supplier will collect the policy excess and VAT (where applicable) directly from you.

Instructing a loss adjuster

If the damage is extensive, or is causing a severe interruption to your business, we will instruct a loss adjuster to oversee the claim.

The loss adjuster will make initial contact within 2 hours of instruction (or within 1 hour if the case is urgent). Non-urgent instructions sent after 4pm will prompt contact from the adjuster by 11am the following day.

The loss adjuster will arrange a convenient time to visit and view the premises. They will confirm next steps, issue an action plan and offer suggestions on preventing further or worsening damage.

find out more about loss adjusters

Requesting documentation

If you prefer to use your own contractor, we will ask to see estimates* for the necessary repair works. 

For contents claims, we will request original purchase receipts for the damaged items, in addition to quotations for their repair or replacement.

Upon receipt of the necessary documentation, we will do one of the following:

  • Authorise the estimate for repairs.
  • Make a cash settlement based on the estimate/documents.
  • Make enquiries with the contractor/supplier if further information is required.
  • Instruct a loss adjuster if the costs are substantially higher than first expected.

Once authorised, repair invoices can be settled by you and forwarded to us for reimbursement, less the applicable excess/VAT. Further approval is required in the event that costs exceed those originally agreed.

*Two estimates are required on cases where we will seek to recover our outlay from a third party who is responsible for the damage.

Alarm event logs and fire brigade reports

On some occasions we may request that you obtain a copy of the alarm event log from your alarm monitoring company.

For large fire and smoke losses, we may request a copy of the fire brigade report. In addition, a forensic expert may be appointed who will report back to us on the cause of the fire, the spread and the stop of the fire. This is particularly useful when the fire is electrical in origin.


Settlement will be made by BACS upon receipt of the final invoice. Cheques can be issued if specifically requested.

For cases where there is a responsible third party, our dedicated team will set about recovering costs, including your policy excess. Where appropriate, we will enlist the support of one of our panel solicitors, who can also assist in the recovery of uninsured losses.

Hints and tips

Visit Risk Director for advice and guidance to prevent further or future damage or losses.

Once you are logged into Risk Director, you will be able to download relevant risk control notes on relevant topics, such as:

  • Arson
  • “End of day” checks
  • External security lighting
  • Fire risk assessment
  • Installing a CCTV system
  • Means of escape in the event of a fire
  • Pressure systems
  • Security fencing
  • Vacant buildings
  • Water damage.